1) The University of Sahiwal held its first-ever convocation. The Honorable Chancellor, Engr. Baligh-ur-Rehman, was the chief guest. The degrees and gold medals were awarded to students from various batches.
2) A number of academic departments at the University of Sahiwal were awarded recognition for academic and research excellence by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
3) The various directorates and academic departments held and celebrated a number of annual events such as Kashmir Solidarity Day, Women's International Day, Breast Cancer Awareness Day, Environment Protection Day, Pakistan Resolution Day, Independence Day, Yom-e-Takreem-e-Shohdaey Pakistan, Iqbal Day, and Quaid's Day. A number of dignitaries, such as the Minister for Higher Education, Mr. Mansoor Qadir, Commissioner of Sahiwal Division, Mr. Shoeb Iqbal Syed, and several Vice Chancellors of Universities, participated as Chief Guests and Guests of Honor.
4) The Majeed Amjad Literary Society of the University of Sahiwal held a 3-Day Literary Festival, Book Fair, Urdu Punjabi Mushairas, and Art Exhibition on campus. The events were extensively covered by the national media.
5) The Directorate of ORIC - University of Sahiwal organized three annual research symposia and workshops where a number of keynote speakers and researchers from notable public and private sector universities presented their research work in the fields of Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Management Science, Applied Psychology, and English Literature and Linguistics.
6) The Directorate of Sports held the Annual 3-Day Sports Gala on campus, where a number of competitions among the students were held. Prizes were given by the worthy Vice Chancellor, Prof. Dr. Javaid Akhtar, and the former national Kabbadi Team Captain.
7) The Directorate of Estate Management, University of Sahiwal, held a massive tree plantation campaign during the planting seasons of 2023. Delegations from civil society, NGOs, and public office bearers planted memorial trees on the premises.
8) The construction of the University of Sahiwal's HEC Development project started in 2023. The worthy Vice Chancellor laid the foundation stones of the Central Mosque, Admin and Academic Blocks.
9) The students from the Department of English presented a live performance of Shakespeare's tragic play, KING LEAR, at the Sahiwal Arts Council. This event was largely attended by the citizens of the Sahiwal division and was very much liked by the general public.
10) The University of Sahiwal signed a number of Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with other universities and organizations to enhance academic and research collaborations, and to foster student and faculty exchange programs.
11) The students of the University of Sahiwal have excelled at various national forums, such as the All Punjab Universities Innovation Expo 2023 held by PHEC, and debating and quiz competitions organized by various universities across Pakistan.
12) During 2023, the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Dr. Javaid Akhtar, and other faculty members delivered a number of keynote lectures at national and international forums.
13) The University of Sahiwal initiated an exchange of students, researchers, and faculty members with a number of international universities. For instance, a research scholar from the University of Giessen, Germany, conducted her doctoral research at the University of Sahiwal and stayed for more than two weeks. Similarly, a number of faculty members and students from the University of Sahiwal traveled to the US, UK, EU, Canada and China and presented their research work at international universities.
14) The University of Sahiwal and the Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) have established the Regional Plan9 center at the campus to foster startups and innovative ideas in the Sahiwal Division. A number of dignitaries, such as Deputy Commissioner of Sahiwal, Mr. Ikram-ul-Haq, visited the center in 2023 and delivered his keynote lecture there.
15) The Prime Minister's Laptop Distribution Ceremony was held at the University of Sahiwal, where students from all academic departments were given laptops from the HEC on a merit basis. The worthy Vice Chancellor, Prof. Dr. Javaid Akhtar, was the Chief Guest of the ceremony.